Fitters, Welders, Painters, Loaders & Detail Laborers
We are seeking fitters, welders, painters, loaders and detail laborers to join our teams in Titusville and Rockledge. We need team players with an interest in learning the steel industry and wanting a hands-on position. Previous experience reading structural fabrication drawings/blueprints a plus. Below is a high level overview of all positions. Specific duties for each position will be explained during the interview process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret structural fabrication drawings and blueprints for certain positions.
- General math skills and accurate tape measure knowledge required.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require frequent bending at the waist, squatting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and reaching about the head.
- Ability to push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a good work ethic.
- General understanding of the steel fabrication process preferred.
- CNC operator experience, a plus.
- Welding certificate preferred; however, will test and certify select candidates.
- Perform layout and assembly of structural steel as depicted on structural fabrication drawings.
- Align structural steel members in position for permanent bolting or welding
- Welders will perform structural welding using a variety of procedures, and will also cut materials using saws, shears, torches and grinders
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place or welding
- Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place using cranes or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members
- Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels
- Force structural steel members into final positions using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams or girders according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Paint fabricated material
- Load flatbed semi trucks with fabricated material
- Other duties as assigned
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and regulations
Salary: $16 – $22 hour, depending on position and experience
Job Type: Full-time
Paid vacation and holidays
Profit sharing plan
*Waiting period may apply
*Only full-time employees eligible
Monday to Friday; however, hours often adjust according to production needs
Send resume to email@example.com; apply in person; or apply online through our application.
Annual Disclosures for Current Employees
- Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage Notice
- Notice of HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Notice
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act Notice
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act Notice
- COBRA General Notice
- Cafeteria Plan (pretax benefits) Summary Plan Description