Fitters, Welders, Painters, Loaders & Detail Laborers
We are seeking fitters, welders, painters, loaders and detail laborers to join our team. We need team players with an interest in learning the steel industry and wanting a hands-on position. Previous experience reading structural fabrication drawings/blueprints a plus. Below is a high level overview of all positions. Specific duties for each position will be explained during the interview process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret structural fabrication drawings and blueprints for certain positions.
- General math skills and accurate tape measure knowledge required.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require frequent bending at the waist, squatting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and reaching about the head.
- Ability to push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a good work ethic.
- General understanding of the steel fabrication process preferred.
- CNC operator experience, a plus.
- Welding certificate preferred; however, will test and certify select candidates.
- Perform layout and assembly of structural steel as depicted on structural fabrication drawings.
- Align structural steel members in position for permanent bolting or welding
- Welders will perform structural welding using a variety of procedures, and will also cut materials using saws, shears, torches and grinders
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place or welding
- Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place using cranes or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members
- Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels
- Force structural steel members into final positions using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams or girders according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Paint fabricated material
- Load flatbed semi trucks with fabricated material
- Other duties as assigned
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and regulations
Salary: $13 – $20 hour, depending on position and experience
Job Type: Full-time
Paid vacation and holidays
Profit sharing plan
*Waiting period may apply
*Only full-time employees eligible
Monday to Friday; however, hours often adjust according to production needs
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; apply in person; or apply online through our application.